All of us know the basic idea about physiotherapy and what is it. In general life all of us have experienced physiotherapy in some way or another. Physiotherapy is used to cure a wide range of health issues made it be sports injuries to other chronic health problems. Everyone has that general idea of physiotherapy but not everyone knows the amazing facts about it. So in this article we will know about a few of the facts about physiotherapy. The fact of physiotherapy is given below.
1. Physiotherapy as we know today was not as popular in the past. Physiotherapy became popular after at the end of the 19th century. In 1961, after the polio outbreak many people suffered from it. As a result they were not able to move hence many women were appointed. After the first world war when the veterans came home, physiotherapy was needed to provide them with rehabilitation and to get them back on track.
2. But according to some facts it is said that physiotherapy came back as far as 6040 BC. It is believed that Hypocrites who is also known as the father of Western medicine and also the one after whom the ‘Hypocrite Earth’ is named used to practice physiotherapy.
3. Physiotherapy sessions are usually for a longer time and takes place at a repetitive pace. This is because the treatment depends upon the part of your body that is affected and also upon the severity of the problem. It is often seen that it takes more than five sessions of Physiotherapy to cure a patient completely. Along with that of the home exercises, on an average it is calculated that it takes between 7 to 10 sessions of physiotherapy to cure any problem completely.
4. It is quite amazing that electricity is used in the treatment of physiotherapy. It is used to relieve the pain of a particular part of the body as well as it is used to produce heat to the skin. It is also used to prevent autotrophy which is the condition where the muscle becomes weak and smaller over time.
5. Many people think that Physiotherapy is easy course and that physiotherapists are not much educated as that of the doctors. Although they do not study as much as that of a doctor does but the physiotherapist study about the whole muscular and skeletal system of the body. They study about 840 muscles, 206 to 270 bones of the body and many other things.